Thursday, February 5, 2009

Formal Line Kimono Dresses!




This is the "Mermaid Tube Top" dress and it's definitely my favorite design. When I design a kimono dress, I always want to leave some "essence" of a beauty of kiomono. So it comes with a long train and the thick piping rim, just like the real kimono that those brides wear at wedding. Also it has a gorgeous Obi(sash) ribbon on the back, it's attachable and is easy to put on.

This kimono dress (as shown on the left) is made from a gold/orange-based kimono, with a black velvet tubetop for upper body.










This one is made from a pure silk white kimono called "Shiromuku." It means "pure white" and it's a traditional kimono which is worn only at wedding.

Because it's pure white, the patterns on the kimono stand out when you put on a dress. It's absolutely gorgeous, degnified, and elegant that I always have so much fun designing.














I have a very special memory for this kimono dress. I named her "Hanayagi", means "brilliance", and she has travelled all the way from Japan to Italy. She was worn in the Italian fashion show held in Roma, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment